1. This quad, the Triple Doubles of America have replaced the United States of Amanar. Former Utah standout Mykayla Skinner and junior elite Skye Blakely both showed off triple doubles on floor this week.
2. Georgia freshman Soraya Hawthorne is training a unique combination on beam.
3. Utah commit Grace McCallum‘s Amanar is looking better (though I’m still a bit worried about her knees).
4. Florida commit Olivia Greaves has some upgrades on bars.
5. UCLA commit Laney Madsen is training a Patterson dismount on beam.
6. Michigan State commit Skyla Schulte is working on a BHSO + standing full on beam.
7. Uncommitted gymnasts’ upgrades: British twins Jennifer and Jessica Gadirova are training change leg to ring on the trampoline for their beam routines. I so much hope that they will decide to continue their career in the NCAA once the time comes! Konnor McClain is already training her new triple series (BHSO + BH + standing layout full) on the high beam… And she even tried a double twist!
8. She has a long way to go before starting her NCAA career, but young Level-8 gymnast Thi Nguyen‘s floor routine already lights up arenas. She will become a star.
9. Congratulations to Stanford senior Kaylee Cole, who qualified to the World Championships for Bolivia!
New revelations on the Anna Li investigation from The Orange County Register – link
New article on Sunisa Lee in the Star Tribune – link
Opinion piece on the Aurora Games in The Guardian – link
Routine of the week