1. UCLA dazzled at Meet the Bruins last weekend – highlights here! The national champions looked strong and polished and even scored two perfect 10.0s: junior Kyla Ross scored a perfect 10 on bars with this stunning routine and sophomore Nia Dennis killed her floor routine for the first, though informal, perfect 10.0 of her college career. The two freshmen, Norah Flatley and Margzetta Frazier also looked very impressive. Here is Norah’s beam routine and Margzetta’s bars… Although everyone is talking about her floor routine! Impressive were also two new Yurchenkos 1.5 on vault by Nia Dennis, who stuck hers for a 9.975, and Kyla Ross, who impressed everyone with a new vault for her. And finally, here is Katelyn Ohashi on floor, impressive and fun as ever, and with a new first tumbling pass!
2. LSU looked impressive at Gymnastics 101 – highlights here! Senior Sarah Finnegan looked particularly strong on vault, uneven bars and balance beam. Sophomore Sarah Edwards showed off a powerful Yurchenko 1.5, while another sophomore Reagan Campbell looked posed and polished on beam. According to Jay Clark, Reagan’s beam is potentially a national title-winning routine. Floor witnessed the comeback of redshirt junior McKenna Kelley – welcome back, McKenna!
4. At the Minnesota intrasquad, junior Ona Loper scored a perfect 10.0 on vault with this gorgeous Yurchenko 1.5.
5. In a new video segment, Auburn‘s fifth-year senior Abbie Milliet thinks back on her long college journey and discusses what this season lies ahead.
6. Nebraska posted two weekly video segments this week. The first focuses on junior Taylor Houchin. She talks about the Huskers and about growing as a team day by day. The second segment is about junior Sierra Hassel, who discusses the big goals of the Huskers and how they can achieve them.
7. Pitt kicked off their Freshman Friday video segment introducing freshman Katie Chamberlain – who loves snow!
8. Georgia head coach Courtney Kupets Carter welcomed her third child, a baby girl named Savannah Grace. Congratulations!
9. Michigan commit Alyona Shchennikova won the 2018 Voronin Cup with a 53.825. She grabbed the title ahead of South Korea’s Yeo Seo Jeong (51.950) and Bulgaria’s Anna Travkova (51.650). Here is Alyona’s beam routine.
10. Here are the commits on the week: Sarah Rowland to Ohio State (2019-20), Samantha Gill to West Chester (2019-20), Kerrie Legault to UW-La Crosse (2019-20), Bailey Bunn to Kentucky (2020-21) and Isabelle West to NIU (2020-21).
Routine of the week
UCLA sophomore Nia Dennis scored her first yet informal perfect 10.0 on floor at the Meet the Bruins event.